Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lunch in the Big Apple - The Carnegie Deli

Today was full of all kinds of activities, but first I had to get lunch. Where else would this Big Blue Ape go then to the best damn sandwich shop in the world...the Carnegie Deli. I would fight someone to the death on this debate, because I actually dream of the Carnegie Deli's corn beef special sometimes and I have no issue admitting that.

We offer some great ideas and suggestions of places to eat at TravelApe.com if you take a look at the New York City Dining Guide, but to the the point of order for this post, one hell of a lunch.

Carnegie Deli New York CityFirst I started off with the Chicken Broth soup with Golden Noodles. For a bowl of soup the price, $8.95, is a little steep, but trust me people, the taste is pure bliss. Today, I went in a little different direction from the normal corned beef sandwich and tried out the "Woody Allen". This is a sandwich piled high with corned beef and pastrami. I add a little golden brown spicy mustard and I literally had an out of body experience. Then, because I wanted to treat myself, I had a delicious slice of cheese cake.

The entire meal with tax and tip was about $40. Yes, quite a price for lunch, but if you have the $$ and you're in New York City, you will be doing yourself an injustice if you don't try the Carnegie Deli.

No comments: