Friday, November 14, 2008

Dawson Street Pub in Manyunk Very Disappointing ...

Travel Ape and I like to try and maintain a sense of youth and in doing so while traveling if we can take in some of the local entertainment we do it.

A few weeks ago, my friend and I happened along into Manyunk Pennsylvania. There was a birthday party, he asked me to tag along, I felt obliged so I went for the ride. We spent the weekend there so we could make a little bit of a trip of it. I digress. We asked around to see what local watering hole might be a decent place to sit back, relax and maybe even take in some music. We were told about Dawson Street Pub.

Without to much hoopie-a-do I'll get right into it. It appears that this place, Dawson Street Pub is living on borrowed time. Maybe at some point this was a place to be, a place where the never before acts of some soon to be new phenom in the world of music got their chance but I didn't see it. To start the door person was rude. No personality and noticeably enjoying the little authority they had. Second, the bartender that I can remember was bad at their job...it's not brain surgery making a Tom Collins...better stated, I could have counted the drink I got as one of my required 8 ounces of water, b/c it was totally watered down. Third, the entertainment was suspect at best and the noise in the place is carried terribly. Last, the regulars, and you can pick them out like a man wearing a pink shirt in a room full of black shirts, are idiots.

I would not recommend Dawson Street Pub at all. Don't waste your time. There is plenty to do in the Philadelphia area, this shouldn't even be on your list. 

No comments: